“What is the best SUV?” is your search and the website of Jeep comes up first and you click through. You might not buy the car, but, your interest will definitely be piqued and you will also spend a considerable amount of time on the website checking out the cars, features as well as the videos on there. This is ideal both for a user as well as a content creator.
When you plan to optimize your website for a search engine, the goal is to be the first listing in a search query. Or at the least the top 3 listings in a search query. When your website is the top 3 in a Google search, it means that you are guaranteed traffic, reach and visibility. If you are an online retailer top billing in a search guarantees you success and an edge over the competition.
Getting to the top means using Suchmaschinen Platzierung, or search engine placement. This, like many other internet-based ideas are strategic moves to help your website rank no1.
Let’s look at a few strategies that webmasters can use to get their websites to no1:
- Find a niche and sell it: All business owners who offer services are competing with each other. In order for you to make a dent in this niche, you need to get more specific. For instance, if you sell home décor, you won’t make it past an Amazon which has unlimited products and an unlimited budget. But, if you were to go niche and say “free re-upholstering with your purchase” then chances are that you will rank higher since you have a specific product/service to sell
- Realism matters: If you want to get top billing, you can find obscure keywords and sutff your website with them, but this accomplishes nothing! Google has plenty of tools and guides that will help you optimize your website for good rankings.
- Create content piece by piece: don’t lump an entire website with content that is stuffed with keywords just to get your ranking. Each article/image/video needs to be carefully created to suit SEO needs. Unlike other search engines Google will look at in-depth content and people who search using Google favour authenticity over optimization. So plan this carefully.
- Volume matters: Nearly all companies that have an online presence have created budget for content marketing. Content can be blog posts, podcasts, webinars, videos, listicles – to attact readership.
- Get links to your site: there are multiple ways in which this can be achieved – writing how-to lists that authority websites and blogs will link to, getting on local business directories, writing guest posts on other popular websites in your niche, find broken links on other websites and request them to be replaced with your link, just to name a few.